Department of Women's Ministries
The Department of Women's Ministries exists to uphold, encourage, and challenge Adventist women in their pilgrimage as disciples of Jesus Christ and members of His world church.
Our mission is in the larger sense common to all Christians—that of uplifting Christ in the church and in the world. But more specifically, we are called to:
- elevate women as persons of inestimable worth because they have been created and redeemed
- enable women to deepen their faith and experience spiritual growth and renewal
- build networks among women in the world church to encourage bonds of friendship and mutual support and the creative exchange of ideas and information
- mentor young Adventist women, encouraging their involvement, and creating paths for them as they reach for their potential in Christ
- address the concerns of women in a global context
- bring women's unique perspectives to the issues facing the world church
- seek expanding avenues of dynamic Christian service for women
- challenge each Adventist woman with her potential to complement the gifts given to other women and men as they work side by side to further the global mission of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
—that out of the fullness we as women have personally found in Jesus Christ, we may be empowered to share the good news within our families, among our fellow believers, and in ever expanding circles in the unsaved world.