The Gingerland Adventurer Club Director is Lineta Powell
She is assisted by her Deputy Sharon Hamilton along with the other counselors.
The Adventurer Club is a Seventh-day Adventist Church-sponsored ministry open to all families of children in grades 1-4 who agree to keep the Adventurer Pledge and Law. The Adventurer program is designed to support parents in assisting children with the challenging task of developing fully as followers of Christ in today’s world.
What is the Adventurer curriculum designed to accomplish?
- Children will, at their own level,commit their hearts and lives to Jesus Christ.
- Children will gain a positive attitude toward the benefits, joys, and responsibilities of living a Christian life.
- Children will acquire the habits, skills and knowledge needed to live for Jesus today.
- Parents and other primary care-givers will become more confident and effective as co-laborers with Christ for their children.
The Adventurer Club provides fun and creative ways for children.
- to develop a Christ-like character;
- to experience the joy and satisfaction of doing things well;
- to express their love for Jesus in a natural way;
- to learn good sportsmanship and strengthen their ability to get along with others;
- to discover their God-given abilities and to know how to use them to benefit self and serve others,
- to improve their understanding of what makes families strong.
The Adventurer curriculum is divided into four levels.
The Busy Bee level is designed for first-graders.
The Sunbeam level for second-graders.
The Builder for third-graders
The Helping Hand level for fourth-graders.
Each level builds on the levels which came before it and is especially designed to interest, challenge, and provide successful experiences for children of that grade level.
Because Jesus loves me, I will always do my best.
Jesus can help me to:
- Be obedient
- Be pure
- Be true
- Be kind
- Be respectful
- Be attentive
- Be helpful
- Be cheerful
- Be thoughtful
- Be reverent